Friday, July 4, 2014

Update on our Lives

So... it's been a while.  Things have been a little crazy for the last couple months and sadly most of my pictures are stored on my external hard drive right now (which I don't want to go through at this moment) so I'm not going to post any pics right now.  Anyway, I figured it'd be good to update the blog before our baby comes so here's my lame update.  Hopefully I'll add some pictures and stuff a little later on when I get motivated enough to go through the hard drive.

Here's what's been going on in our lives over the past couple months...

- Matt and I went to Salt Lake for our anniversary during the first week of May and had a blast.  We stayed at The Anniversary Inn which is a hotel where each room is decorated in a different theme.  Normally it's like $200-$300 a night, but a cute student of mine gave me a $100 gift card there (woot woot!) and they had a weekday special during May for like $130.  Basically... it was awesome and the best part?  They have delicious, free chocolate chip cookies in the lobby haha.  We had a fun little weekend though.  We went to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner and then had a great time at Tony Caputo's and Ikea the next day.  Little getaways are so nice.  It's so nice to take a weekend and "treat yoself".

- I had two really fun baby showers.  The first one was in Provo and the second one was down in Mesa.  Both turned out to be super cute and it was so fun to get cute things for our little man.

- After the craziness of the last few weeks of school including kindergarten graduation, I finished up my last year of teaching (for now at least).  I LOVED teaching kindergarten this year and it was a very bittersweet feeling, but I am so excited to be a mom.  The plan was always to teach for two years and then have a baby, but it's weird that it's here now.  Luckily, I am feeling great about this decision.  I'm definitely ready to stay home with our little boy, but I'm going to miss all of my students and friends and Freedom.  I was so blessed to be able to work there this past year.  Honestly... it's the BEST school ever.

- After getting through the school year, Matt and I packed up our apartment and then I left for Mesa.  While I was gone, Matt cleaned and painted our new apartment... and I do mean our ENTIRE new apartment.  He painted the walls, ceilings, trim, cabinets, doors, and closets.  It was a HUGE project, but considering basically EVERYTHING in the front rooms were baby blue (including the ceilings and trim), it definitely needed an update.  I am so grateful for Matt and the people who helped us.  I'm so glad I have a happy, inexpensive, and cute apartment to live in.


No comments:

Post a Comment