Monday, April 14, 2014

Decisions Decisions

I have been so blessed to be healthy and able to work during pregnancy.  I often hear stories about TERRIBLE pregnancies and I am so grateful for mine.  This little guy is a trooper for not making me super sick (not that he's really in charge of that).  With that said... preparing to be a mom is stressful!  Of course I'm enjoying the excitement of everything, but it's like getting married all over again!  Ok not quite, but sometimes it feels pretty close.  I mean really, how in the world are you supposed to know what stroller to buy when there are like a billion choices?  Ok, I guess it really isn't that bad, but there are a lot of decisions to make and sometimes (even though it's fun to research) it's a little overwhelming. Even though I'm excited for this little man to come, it's a good thing that having a baby takes a while because we need to get crackin' on getting stuff ready for him and since Matt is still in school for two weeks and I have a month and a half left of work, we still have some work to do.

Well, the big decision this year has been what to do after Matt graduates from BYU.  Matt has been studying physics and acoustics and he really wants to be an acoustical consultant (sounds cool huh!).  Anyway, he applied to a few different grad schools several months ago and got into some of the top schools for acoustics.  A couple weeks ago, a school called Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in New York offered to fly Matt out to see their campus and learn about their program.  I was really hoping that going out there would make him either LOVE or HATE this school, but of course it made our decision harder.  We finally came down to deciding between staying at BYU and RPI (even though these weren't his only choices) and after a lot of praying and thinking we decided to stay in Provo for two more years.  After we finally decided things started to fall into place and the decision felt so right.  Of course New York would've been a little more of an adventure than staying in Provo, but BYU has an awesome program and it'll be nice for me to be around more people I know when I'm spending most of my time with a newborn.  We're hoping to eventually move into a different apartment to save some money, but we're really excited for our next chapter of life.  We kinda can't wait to be parents :)

The other big decision I recently made was to put a hold on my teaching career for a long while.  I love teaching kindergarten and I love my school, but it's time for me to be a mom.  I am so excited to care for this little babe.  I know at times it'll probably be frustrating and lonely, but I can't think of anything else I'd rather do with my time than raise my children.  I've spent two years trying to help kids be happy and love learning.  Now it's time for me to teach my own kids and I can't wait.

We're moving into a new chapter of life, but I'm excited because anything with this guy is a great adventure.

Photo credit: http://snaphappymom.com/

3 comments:

  1. I totally feel for you guys! Glad you guys to make the right choices for your little family. :) I left teaching after teaching two and a half years also (I had Henry after the first week of school and returned for the last 6 weeks of the semester to get my insurance benefits...Babies are expensive!!) As much as I loved teaching Kindergarten, it was time to be a mom. just like you said. I did sub for the semester after I resigned to help "ease" out of the teaching mode, and I only subbed a half day or two a week, or sometimes one full day so I could "get out" of the house, get my teacher fix in, and just feel refreshed. Sometimes being at home with the precious babes is exhausting and moms need a break, but I wouldn't trade that for teaching full time! Congrats to you guys, you have a lot happening very soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was supposed to say "Glad you guys could make the right choices for your family" my bad!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I'm glad you aren't moving out to New York...that's too far away!

    ReplyDelete