Monday, April 14, 2014

Fun Little Baby Moon

This is a very late post because this trip happened at the end of February, but I have to talk about it because it was the perfect little getaway.  Since I'm all high maintenance and everything (haha MOSTLY joking), I really wanted to go on a baby moon with Matt.  You know... just take a little trip somewhere before I'm too huge and before the babe comes.  Anyway, I had been talking about this idea of mine for a while when Matt gave in and found this cute little place in Moab called the Sunflower Inn and asked if I wanted to go with him.  It was seriously the perfect getaway.  I knew Matt had sacrificed to go because his semester had been crazy busy and I was just one happy little pregnant camper.

It was one of those little places where they make you feel so special.  When we first walked in, the innkeeper was whispering so that she wouldn't disturb any of the other tennants (cute haha).  Then she showed us all around and invited us to eat homemade cookies and hot chocolate or coffee whenever we wanted in the main room.  Then the next morning we had this really yummy breakfast that was made by the cook that lives on the property and I was seriously in heaven.  We decided to go drive around and go check out the visitor's center for Arches so that we could come back and camp someday and then we came back and had a yummy BBQ before heading home.

I would totally recommend this place to anyone because I loved it, but more than anything I am just so grateful for Matt.  He is such a wonderful husband and it was nice to spend time together and take a break from all the craziness of normal life.


 Haha... Love him. 
 This was my attempt to take a picture of us using our car. It was kinda a fail, but that's ok.

 Our BBQ complete with Capri Suns


 I couldn't contain myself.  It was too cute hanging on the shelf the whole time.
 Our cute little breakfast spot

 This is the bench I had been dying to sit and read at.  We didn't have time to just hang out and read but I got to sit on my bench still haha.


PS- We got a major deal on this place because it was the off season, but it's supposed to be GORGEOUS in the summer. Maybe someday when Matt and I are rich (fingers crossed haha) we'll come back in the summer when the swimming pool is open :)



No comments:

Post a Comment