Thursday, July 10, 2014

4th of July

Sadly we didn't get to be in Wyoming at Matt's family cabin for the 4th of July this year.  Since the reason for not being able to go (having a baby soon) is a great one, I won't complain about it too much :).  Anyway, because we usually go up to the cabin we had to make some new, fun plans for Independence Day.  Luckily we have some great friends because Kortney and Clayton helped make it great!  In the morning, Kort and I went to the Freedom Days Parade and then later in the day Matt and I went to their house for a fun party.  We had a badminton tournament and believe it or not... Matt and I came in second!  It was a pretty proud moment in our lives let me tell you.  I was especially proud of myself because I had a few star moments and I gave it a good shot for being a week away from my due date.

After the party, we headed up to the MTC fields and watched the fireworks which were magical as always.  Our Fourth of July celebrations were a little different from being in Tensleep Wyoming where they throw candy and give out Fat Boy ice cream sandwiches after the parade, but celebrating with Matt and some good friends was perfect for me this year.




1 comment:

  1. We missed you guys this year! Hopefully we get to spend the next 4th of July with you and your cute baby!

    ReplyDelete