Sunday, April 14, 2013

The Great Outdoors

So Matt and I got a little grill for our wedding that we were soooo excited about, but for some reason we didn't ever take it out of the box until Matt suddenly decided on General Conference Saturday that we HAD to barbecue that day.  Being the supporting wife that I TRY to be, I agreed to go to Winco with Matt so that we could get some meat and charcoal so that we could BBQ.  Sarah came over and we were all set but the coals didn't get warm enough because apparently we bought the cheap kind.  We finally decided to bring our shish kabobs inside and cook them on our Griddler.  We were a little disappointed that we had to bring it all inside, but we still ate it out front on little lawn chairs and had a great time.  I'm hoping we can figure out this grilling stuff soon though because I plan on barbecuing all summer.



Oh and during Priesthood Session of General Conference Sarah and I took a little bike ride to Sub Zero for some ice cream.  We decided to bike it back before we ate it so that I could save some for Matt, but Sarah's was a little melty by the time we got home.  I must say though... I was proud of myself for biking one handed the whole way home.  Just imagine me biking with a big pie box in one arm.  I'm sure it was quite a sight to see.  Anyway, the ice cream was delicious so that's really all that mattered.  Oh and Sarah looked awesome in her bike helmet so even though she didn't want me to I had to snatch a picture :)




I don't know what I'm going to do without the girl when she goes on her mission in just over three weeks.  I am so grateful that I was blessed with the most incredible sister and best friend.  


No comments:

Post a Comment