Sunday, April 14, 2013

Holidays, Family, and Great Food

Things have been pretty great at the Calton house recently.  We've made some fun new discoveries and we've been going on some little adventures that I always get excited about.  The weather's been getting better too so it's been nice to actually be able to spend some time outside.  I  can't wait for all the fun things we're going to do this summer, but I probably shouldn't get ahead of myself because right now things are pretty great too.  

A little while ago Matt and I discovered this new Colombian food restaurant in Provo.  At first I was a little hesitant because some of the Colombian food we've had was just ok in my book, but after trying this place I am totally addicted!  I swear I think about arepas and yummy guanabana juice all the time now.  Good thing we have a budget for eating out or we'd probably be going broke because I seriously love it.   

Matt and I also played our first game of "soda pong" at a St. Patrick's Day party.  It was a lot of fun.  At first I was TERRIBLE and I couldn't make a shot for several rounds, but eventually I got a lot better so I was pretty proud of myself :).  We played guys vs. girls and the loser was the first team to go to the bathroom after drinking all the soda.  Lucky for me... I have a sweet husband that just happened to inform all the other guys of my bathroom habits on car trips so they all focused on me and I had to drink tons of soda.  Sadly Matt and I had to run off before the game was over, but I don't know how much longer I would've lasted so I think I got off easy :)  

A few weeks ago, Matt's brother, Mark, and his cute little family came into town and we got to babysit David and Abigail while Mark and Megan went to a choir concert.  Matt was seriously in heaven because we don't get to see them very often but Matt LOVES David.  It was pretty cute to watch them play hide and seek and Mario Kart together.  


 We were also blessed to be with family for Easter this year.  My little brother and sister both live in Provo right now so we got to host the "big" family dinner this year.  After the easter bunny came for Matt and I :), we did the traditional Decker dinner of ham, funeral potatoes (Schmidt potatoes) with rolls and peas and then we even topped it all off with a delicious banana cream pie.  It was a lot of fun to spend the day with my family.  I'm so lucky to have them all so close.
The Easter bunny was pretty good to us this year :)


My adorable sister :)

My ridiculous husband haha... love him
























2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun! I always feel so old when I get to host holiday dinners :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too... I guess I'm growing up :)

    ReplyDelete