Tuesday, October 7, 2014

2 Months

Ok I was good about blogging for like... a week and since then I've been awful again.  So needless to say, Thomas is not two months old anymore even though today's the day I'm actually getting around to blogging about it.  Somehow I don't have any extra time.  A lot of people told me that I was going to be bored as a mom because I'd have so much extra time.  Yeah, sometimes it's repetitive, but I haven't had enough downtime to get bored yet.  I live for nap times. Aww nap time... the only time during the day where I get to clean up instead of make more messes.

I wouldn't change being with Thomas for anything, but sometimes I'd take an extra hour (or four) of naps :).

So here's the update of our little guy at two months old...
Thomas is becoming a really cute, smiley little boy.  He loves lying on his play mat and going on walks outside.  Thomas and I go on walks almost everyday and sometimes he even comes to Zumba with me at BYU.  When I first brought him with me he'd sleep the whole time (or cry when he woke up), but now he just lays in his carseat looking around as he "jams" to the music.

Thomas also loves to eat.  Seriously... this boy is a little bit of a chunker :).  Luckily I've always wanted a chubby baby.  It's funny to me to see him around babies that are his same age because he's got a massive head and he's usually a lot bigger than the other babies.  I always thought Matt and I would have big babies, but it's weird to me that he's not that tall yet... just chubby.

Thomas really likes listening to Michael Buble radio with me on Pandora.  I'm pretty sure it's his favorite.  He is starting to become a busy little boy and doesn't love to be held like a baby anymore.  He'll still snuggle with us, but he prefers to be held so that he's sitting and can see what's going on.  I'm pretty sure that if I let him he'd sleep soundly on his tummy, but oddly enough he hates normal tummy time.  Maybe it's that huge head of his that's hard for him to hold us when he's laying down.  You know... the head that gets stuck in his shirt holes and makes him cry?  Yeah... getting his clothes changed is not his favorite part of the day haha.




I had to add this one. Just look at those chubby little legs!


STATS:
Weight - 13 pounds 7.5 ounces  (83rd percentile)
Head - 16.25 inches (98th percentile)
Height - 22.25 inches (21st percentile)


Anyway, things are going great with Thomas.  We love spending our time with him and it's been great for us to become parents.  I know we aren't pros yet, but we definitely learn new things everyday and I'm glad we're starting to get better at this whole parenting thing.  I am so grateful that God blessed us with one of his children.  We are so happy taking care of our little boy.  Life has changed a lot for me in the past few months, but I honestly wouldn't change a thing.  I am so happy being the mother of this little man.  He brings so much joy to my life.


1 comment: