Sunday, January 27, 2013

This Week's Menu: 1

I love cooking.  In fact, one of my favorite things about being married is that I always have someone to cook for.  I know it's cheesy, but it's true.  Matt likes my food and I like to cook for him so it's a win-win situation.  We're one happy couple haha.

Anyway, sometimes life gets busy and it's hard to stay on top of everything... including making healthy and tasty meals.   Recently I have been trying to maintain better balance of the things I try to juggle every day.  One thing that has helped me stay more balanced is my beautiful new crock pot with a timer that I love oh so much :).  Matt made fun of me for wanting one so badly for Christmas, but it really has made cooking a lot easier lately.  Thanks Nate & Elisabeth!

I know this isn't a cooking blog, but it's a blog about mine and Matt's lives and considering food is a big part of our lives I've decided to start blogging about some of our weekly meal plans.  I'm not an expert and I'm sure some of the things I make won't look good to you, but I'm always looking for new ideas so I figured I'd share some with you to hopefully give you a couple new ideas.  Feel free to comment and add your meal plan or any ideas you have.  I'm always looking for new recipes to try.  

First up we have Vegan Enchiladas with Cilantro Cream Dressing.  This is part of our new goal to have a meatless meal every week.  "Meatless Monday" sure has a nice ring to it, but Mondays is one of my Zumba nights so I might have to change it to something ridiculous like "Take the Meat out Tuesday" or something.  

Next is Provencale Chicken Supper.  I haven't tried this one either, but it looks like a really easy, healthy crock pot meal which is great for us.


I also found a soup recipe that sounds like a fun twist off of the classic chicken noodle that we're going to try this week called "Rosemary Chicken Noodle Soup".  With all this crazy weather in Provo soups have been a lot of fun this winter.  


I try to have a quick meal that I can throw together on Tuesday nights after my sister and I go grocery shopping.  This week I want to try these spicy black bean wraps I spotted on Pinterest.


Finally I wanted to include one of our favorite recipes in this plan this week.  I think I probably like these even more than Matt does, but they're one of my go to recipes that I never get tired of.


Well, I hope you have fun cooking this week.  Let me know if you try any of these recipes or find any new ones to share!




No comments:

Post a Comment