Sunday, January 27, 2013

Great Times in January

January has been great... minus the crazy cold weather in Provo.  We've had a lot of fun celebrating the new year, Matt's birthday, and just hanging out.  I haven't been the best this month, but here are some fun pictures.

Matt & I at my parents' house for New Year's Eve... cool pic taken by my brother Tim

A few weeks ago I woke up to a VERY pleasant surprise... SNOW DAY!  I actually spent the whole day at home cleaning out our extra bedroom but it was just what I needed. It turned out to be pretty fun actually because I found some treasures... check them out!

A crazy poncho that Matt brought back from Colombia

Matt's Colombian hat

Aladin pants from Egypt.  I actually wore these for the majority of the day.  They're SOO comfy.  Thanks Seth and Stacie for giving these to Matt back in the day.  They were a great addition to my dance moves while I was rocking out to Shania Twain :)

This is what Matt looked like after he came home and looked at the room.  
He obviously found a few treasures of his own.

 We also celebrated Matt's birthday on the 12th!  Matt is now 23 just like me :).  Now that I look back on this day it seems like all we did was eat haha.

 Birthday breakfast with our new "You are Special" plate that Elisabeth made us for Christmas

Matt's new Kindle Paperwhite.  To say he loves it might be an understatement.


Free birthday lunch at Firehouse Subs

Dinner at Red Lobster.  We decided maybe it wasn't the best idea to sit outside this time.


Matt's ice cream cake I made :)  We had David and Sarah over to celebrate with us.

Happy Birthday to the best husband around!


No comment.

Last week we got invited to go to Color Me Mine with our friends Clayton and Kortney.  We decided to paint a coaster set together.  This is a picture of them before they were fired but they turned out really cute.  We were pleased.


The girly ones that I painted

The manlier ones by Matt


And finally... here are some yummy things we've made recently.  I actually wish I could eat them again right now.  
Chicken Alfredo and pepperoni bacon pizza on our new pizza stone

Chocolate cake that we brought to a dinner.  Thanks for the recipe, Steph.  It was awesome!





1 comment:

  1. Haha I love the pictures of you cleaning out the spare bedroom...as well as the one of Matt with the lighters.

    ReplyDelete