Sunday, January 6, 2013

I'm 23! Happy Birthday to me :)

     It's been a while.  Actually it's been a long while since I've blogged and I think I'm ready to be good about it again.  Maybe this is just the optimistic new year's resolution part of me talking, but just so you can all be witnesses, that's one of my goals... to be better about blogging.
     Well, things have been a little crazy for the past month or so which is part of why I haven't blogged in so long, but it's been fun so I really can't complain.  The first part of all of the crazy happenings was my birthday.  Over all my big 23rd birthday was great (and yes I realize I'm getting old haha)!  Matt was really busy all day so we didn't have a lot of time to spend together, but he woke up really early and made me a yummy omelet for breakfast which was the PERFECT start to my day and then I headed off for school.

     Sadly that's about where the happiness of my day had an abrupt halt for a little bit because as I was walking up to the front door of my school with my carpool my teaching partner all of a sudden said, "Uhhh Becca?  You have a huge rip in your pants!"  Of course I was freaking out because not only did I take the time to get dressed all cute on my birthday and I loved those pants, but now I had a huge rip in my black jeans and you could definitely see my white peeking through.  Needless to say I was a little rushed as I was trying to get things ready for my class to come in while also frantically searching for some kind of solution to this problem.  My kindergarten teaching partners were trying to think up some way that we could solve the problem by switching clothes (one of them had extra pants at school), but I finally found some black electric tape, put it under the rip, and called it good.  It was a little crazy between that and me bleeding through the elbow of my shirt because I bashed my arm into a little table, but all in all it turned out ok.  My class finally found out how old I was and they made me wear a birthday crown all day.  It was great.  I love them.
These are the pants.  They're a lot worse in person... especially when they don't have electrical tape under them.  You can't really see it in this picture but now they're ripping down the middle seam too... awkward!



I forgot to mention this, but I promised my class that they could make party hats and wear them on my birthday so this my friends is a homemade party hat by one of my students.  It kinda looks like a yamaka (or however you spell that)if you ask me.

     The rest of my birthday was great!  My sister made me an AMAZING german chocolate cake that we loved and basically devoured, I got a few presents from my sister and my parents, and Matt gave me new scriptures with my new name on them for my birthday :).  Then on Friday night, Matt and I went out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse and I got to sit on the saddle (Now I can cross that off my bucket list).  The fun even continued on Saturday night when I went out to Red Robin and "Christmas Around the World" with Sarah.  It was an awesome birthday... life is so good.

Thanks Sarah!  



Our date at Texas Roadhouse. 

Matt and I also went to Target for my birthday and he picked out a couple things that he thought I'd look cute in so I got some cozy socks :) and a cute scarf.

Red Robin

This spot was just calling our names

Christmas around the World.  I really do have the greatest sister.  I'm so glad she's in Provo.


   

No comments:

Post a Comment