Saturday, October 20, 2012

The Start of Something New

     I have been wanting to start a blog for our family since we got married, but let's face it... I'm a slacker sometimes and it never really happened.   The truth is that it's overwhelming to write a post that is supposed to make up for being married for almost six months, but Matt told me I need to rest because I've been kind of sick so this is me resting :).

Our Story...

     Matt and I officially met in a chemistry class during our junior year of high school.  We quickly became best friends and to make a long story short we started dating on June 1st of 2011 when Matt came up to BYU after serving his mission in Colombia.  We got engaged on December 27th, 2011 and were sealed in the Mesa, Arizona temple on April 27th, 2012 which truly was the happiest day of my life.  Life couldn't be better...  I am so lucky I fell in love with my best friend.








Calton Adventures since the I do...


Honeymooning in Cancun

Beautiful Beach in Playa Del Carmen

Romantic dinner for two on the beach


Camping in our living room

We actually do have a tent behind us in case you were wondering

Celebration dinner... I got a teaching job!  I teach kindergarten at Liberty Academy in Salem



First real camping trip as a new married couple... Mona







Trip to the cabin with Matt's family... Wyoming, tractors, "swimming" in the creek, & lots of ice cream :) 



I love this place :)





I Love the Caltons... such a great family to marry into :)

Coronado, CA trip with the Schmidt clan... Matt's first vacation with the whole crew

Love them all

I just love him so much

Life has been so great over these past several months and I honestly couldn't be happier.  I can't wait to see what our future together holds :)  I am so lucky <3

Love,
Becca

     



1 comment:

  1. I didn't know how you two met before reading this post. I think it's adorable you ended up with your best friend from high school!

    ReplyDelete