Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Culture Night: Colombia!

     So Matt decided a couple weeks ago that we should have a Colombian feast for dinner sometime.  I had been thinking about how it'd be fun to start having a culture night every month so I thought it was a good idea.  Anyway, we had a Colombian feast with our friends Mike and Ally (Matt & Mike served their missions in Colombia together) and it was really fun!  Together we made bandeja paisa and we even got decked out in our Colombian jerseys to get into the spirit of the evening. I quickly learned that Colombian food takes forever to make (and it's suuuper fattening), but it was worth it to see Matt so excited about everything.  

Team Colombia


This my friends is bandeja paisa: ground beef, chorizo, 
chicharrones (fried pork skins), plantains, pinto beans, 
rice, fried eggs, and a chunk of avocado.  I was sooo full.





Hopefully we'll get going on having a culture night once a month or so.  I don't know that we'll be in matching jerseys every month, but stay tuned!


1 comment:

  1. What a great idea! That's kind of a weird assortment of food, but it looks good.

    ReplyDelete